compass and thurmometer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I removed the circuit board and there is only one resister marked 510, there is a space next to it for another but nothing there. I am assuming that the black piece with the numbers 510 is the resister itself. Would the other resistor have burned up and gone away? Or does my 2002 Track really have only one? Thanks if anyone knows Ed

OK, I saw that Tommy's console had only one 510 resister, maybe it is supposed to be that way. If I don't hear from you guys tomorrow, I'll put some heat on the solder joints and see if it works.

Tks God bless Ed

My '03 has two.....took me three tries before I think it's now fixed. I'd repair it and it would

last a couple months and stop working....seems to be ok now (been over 6 mos).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqSTUusWHI

Last edited by a moderator:
My 01 Job 1 has 2 resistors. I had the same problem and found the resistor at fault. One side of the resistor was not connected anymore. I took the circuit board to a friend of mine that works with electronics all the time and had him beef up the solder joints with quite a bit extra solder on both resistors right away. All it cost me was a 12 pack of New Glarus Fat Squirrel. I put the overhead console back together and it has been good for over a year now.

I would have to say, do a little more research as I am sure there are 2 resistors and advise to fix both right away. No need to do the job twice. I am pretty sure I found some information in one of the post from this site.

Good Luck! Kurt

Thanks guys, my friend put a 48ohm in place of the two. All is ok for now.

Latest posts