COMKOTA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Faulder

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but going to continue to "beat the dead horse" :btddhorse:

Reading article today that Jeep's CEO misses having a Jeep Pickup. If he decides to offer one, I would guess it would be a compact like the Comanchee they offered years ago. Of course they also had the Dodge Dakota on the Chrysler Division side. So a 4 door compact pickup in the offing ? The COMKOTA ?

So Ford get us a F100 SPORT-TRAC before everyone else beats you to the punch.

It would be nice for Ford to bring back the Sport Trac, but I don't think they will. In my opinion, if they were to bring anything back it would be the Ranger and possibly even the 4 door T6 Ranger that they offer in every other country. This way they don't have to redesign any vehicle, just have to create plants to produce them. Just my 2 cents.

Keith S.

If Jeep would make this, I'd buy it immediately.

ca92eec21f84cb3f8abdf6eb0056a068.jpg

AEV Brute

Keith S.

I agree that the T6 Ranger would be the ticket.

I should have explained myself in asking for F-100 Sport-Trac as the name. I would suggest they call the T-6 an F-100 Sport Trac here in the United States. This would allow Ford to add sales of them in to the total F Series count which I understand would be important to the company.

Hugh, Yes, I also like the Jeep Brute.

Of course I learned to like Jeeps thru work. I was Parts Mgr at a Ford Dealership for 31 years. The last 14 years or so we also had the Jeep/Eagle franchise.

I too like the Jeep Brute Double Cab; but if I were to purchase anything from AEV it would have to be their Ram 2500 Kit fitted to a diesel MegaCab (that is if I every have that much money lol).

Our best hope is that GM sells the crap out of their new mid-size trucks and that they take a significant bite out of F-150 sales. That is about the only thing that would convince Ford to get their collective heads out of their butts and do the right thing for all of us who honestly want to buy a new Ford TRUCK but don't want a monster size F-series or some wimpy Transit Connective wanabe truck. Make mine a 4x4 Ranger Wildtrak with the 2.7L EcoBoost. Call it whatever you want but just let us buy the damn thing. That's about the only thing that would make me part with my Sport Trac.

With the miles I have gained on my ST, I could totally go for a Hummer H3T. Wish they would bring that back as well.

Even though this is not a comparable to what I already have, I could go for the 2016 Bronco.

A new Bronco is even less of a possibility than letting us buy a new Ranger. At least the Ranger is real. :grin: