Clutch?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and disk from Centerforce, worth the money or no?

My Stage 3 Heads arrive next week though I dont have the money to install it all just yet, it

But with all the HP it had me start thinking about the clutch and transmission and if it could handle the power and boost levels. Any ideas?

Would be nice if I could trade trigger time at a range firing off all the crazy weapons we have instead of payiny, or at least reduce the cost heh.

No. I have known many people that have the CFDF clutch and are very unhappy with them.

Tom

I got the Spec Clutch that was recommended by Dave at Explorer Express. I chose their Stage II clutch. You also do not want to use the bulk hydraulic fluid that shops have on hand because it has air in it that will cause problems with the clutch pedal later on.

The CFDF clutch is only a heavy duty clutch that you can get with any better kit.... The CFDF is a gimmick, and the dam assist weights make nothing but noise..

Todd Z

I've heard nothing but good things about the Spec clutches for the 4.0, althought the OEM clutch is pretty good in itself.