Close call tonight

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
While driving home tonight doing 65mph on the parkway, a deer was standing in the middle of my lane. I had just been thinking to keep an eye out and a micro second later, there it was. I hit the brakes hard and saw that the deer wasn't moving. As I got closer, I had to skid steer around it and just missed it's rear end. For a brief moment, I thought it was over for my trac. The shocks and front and rear sway bars made the difference I'm sure!

DAM !!'

We could have used some new venison !!!! LOL

Glad your OK !!!

Todd Z

Gary,

Glad everything turned out ok. I can remember one posting a while back, where a member ended up with a buck as their front seat passenger!

Around here, we're told (by the cops and insurance companies) to hit the deer. It's a comprehensive insurance claim that doesn't go on your record and most people I know have no deductible on their comp coverage (because of so many deer in the state). If you swerve to miss it, then crash, it's considered a collision claim and goes on your insurance and driving record. Not only that, but you have to pay the collision deductible.

Mark,

But that would damage to one fine ST !!!

Todd Z

Nothing wrong with fresh roadkill, the hood is like a ghost town today, these badboys wander around all day,time for some carnage:p[Broken External Image]:

Thanks guys, I was re-living that scene all day, and thinking of what my trac might have looked like if I hit it.:eek::angry:

P.S. Todd, bagged one with the bow two days after the L.I. meet. Come and see us when you're in CT and pick up some bambi burger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary - glad you made it past OK. The sway bars ARE the difference. I had something simular with my '01 when I went to change lanes back to the right hand lane doing about the same speed and I did not see someone in my blind spot until they beeped. The first reaction is to steer back to the left. The trac broke loose like on snow where you have to steer left and right to correct. The rear tires chirped and it was back under control. I firmly believe it was the sway bar that saved me.

Gary, sure am glad it turned out the way it did. I'd hate to see ANYTHING happen to your truck. I think a road trip might be in order for a "burger". Happy you're OK. Bob

Oh Bill. Didn't you get the memo, "eat more ham"! Happy Thanksgiving!! ;)

Latest posts