Cleaning white letter tiles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Broken External Image]:

It makes the white letters WHITE, the tires jet black and the wheels sparkle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tide powder and a scrub brush, Westleys Beach-white tire spray, SOS pads all work for me. I buy the tire spray cleaners, but with 2 boys at home with their vehicles, I tend to support their habit of cleaning vehicles and they leave none for me :)

I use a tire brush and lemon joy soap, Works great....

Todd Z

Westley's Bleache-White and a regular brush for the sidewall and a wire whitewall brush for the letters. Then Armor All. If you check out some independent auto parts stores you may be able to find the Westley's in gallon concentrate for about $10, it's a lot cheaper that way, and mix it 50/50 with water. I use a lot.

Simple Green! Spray it on, scrub it a bit with a tire brush, and hose it off.

Non-toxic, safe for the environment, and affordable. But the concentrate and it will last you years.

Why am I not suprised that Adam is the only one to spell the name of the Westley's product correctly? :lol: Hey Adam, what would you charge to come down here and detail my ST for a weekend?

Jeff,

I don't even do mine that much anymore. The last wash was in early August, and has since seen better days. When I am in Philly for school, I tell myself I am going to take it to a detailer, which I did once, but I have not gotten there yet. There's something about paying $100 for an exterior wash that I could do, using my items, for about $10 (not including actual product cost). Plus, the hacks here don't use Zaino, and I don't want them to strip the Zaino that is on there now -- especially with winter on its way.

As for the correct spelling -- I used to threaten Todd that I would beat him with my old airbox. You want some of it now? Because the damn thing is still in my garage, and it really should be used. :cool:

STanner; and the rest of you simple green / super clean users: those products will clean the FINISH right off of your wheels too... word to the wise.