Cleaning the rubber floor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
Curious to what others have used to clean the rubber floor liner. Have never cleaned mine since the trace was new. I was going to use a brush, towel, and a bucket of water mixed with dish soap. Then follow up with 303 or meguiers product.

Any thoughts on this process?

I haven't found anything better than a stiff bristled nylon brush with a good cleaner.

Having the seats removed makes cleaning much easier, but not necessary. Have fun.

Do not amorall the floor. You mattswill slide all over the place. Ihad to make one car wash cleanthem. It was unsafe...

I use simple green and a scrub brush. Then I wiped up with a wet rag a couple of times to get all the simple green up and then wiped up with dry rags until dry. I do this every spring.

Armor All used to be a household word, now many people avoid it like the plague.

swshawaii said:
Armor All used to be a household word, now many people avoid it like the plague.

I use it on my tires, dash, door panels, and tonneau. I wouldn't put it on the floor of the Trac or the seat of my jetski though. Be a bad idea.

I've heard that "303" is a better for protection but there is only one place around me that sells it and it costs a lot more.

A little Pine-Sol and hot water. Scrub till clean(er) and beacause I live on the edge, it gets Amourall'ed. WhoooHooo. Love that shiny look. Thank God for those little hooks that hold the mats in place!! Its the only place that gets AA on my truck. I use better products for everything else. Bob

Bob C, the fronts have the hooks. The rears dont. My mom almost busted her ass from the amorall on the rear floor. Matt slid out from under her, getting out.

The fronts where comming off the hooks, sliding sideways,,,,

Time is the main thing in cleaning the rubber floor. I am sure if the seats were not there that would cut the time down a lot. All those small tight areas, it drove me crazy. I am not looking forward to giving the trac a nice spring cleaning.

Latest posts