Clean 70K Tranny

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I rotated the tires and changed the oil and the trans fluid and filter this evening. It's the second time I've done the trans. The '02 ST has 70K miles on it now and has been very dependable. Here's some pics of the inside of a 70K tranny. I emptied the pan, but didn't wipe it out for the picture. I was happy to see it was so clean. :cool:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Nicy, nice,

Looks great, The fluid has a nice color to it also...

Todd Z

Yeah, it does. That's 70K, with 2 pan drop fluid / filter changes. No flushes. I just have a hard time letting anyone else work on the creampuff. :D

I jealous! I just had the dealer flush mine. 3rd time around I want them to drop the pan. But dang thats so clean. I bet the fluid still has the bubble gum smell too!

Add me to the 70K club with a ST 02 and it has been very dependable. I had the dealer flush mine recently as well, along with many of the other fluids. My next purchase will be shocks - I still have the originals :)

Gavin,

Some members here say that that filter is a screen. You can see that it is more of a filter than a screen.

Oh well.

I got 93,400 miles on my tranny. Fluid has also been changed twice. Not a single issue. My tranny also deals with more abuse than most here do.

Tom

fast Eddie '04, I bought a drain plug the first time I dropped the pan, but chickened out about putting it on. Also chickened out on the EPC adjust.

Gavin, Actually, I used whatever brand they gave me at Advance Auto Parts. Seems to be doing OK.

Trac_511, If you look close, you can see the magnet looks a little 'fuzzy'. It did have some crud on it.

I didn't take any pictures of the original filter's media when I changed it @~38K, but it was nearly as clean as this (2nd) one. The pan looked good too.

Last edited by a moderator: