Citgo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Reeves

Reaction score
Guess 7-11 is out of the Chavez Citgo business....at least around here.

Replaced all the Citgo signs with "Thank heaven for 7-11". Guess they

are going to sell no-name gas like WaWa.........:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
It still is not no name gas..... the trucks line up at the same filling station, it just depends where in line you get to go..

The 7-11's here are still showing citgo....

Todd Z

It is not 7-11 getting rid of Citgo. It is Citgo getting out of certain markets.

Don't fool yourself into thinking just because it says Citgo on the pump, you are getting Citgo gas. Heck, at the Marathon refinery in town, you see Shell, Sunoco, Marathon (duh), and even no-name stations filling up to deliver the gas to their respective store.

Tom

All the Citgos around me are now showing Texaco, Exxon, and Mobil. They have been changing a few at a time since last fall. The biggest Citgo in town just switched to Mobil last week and I noticed today they had dropped their prices 15 cents below anyone else. I guess they are trying to make people notice the change or reclaim lost business or something.

Citgo stations here in Texas have changed their name to Valro gas. It's still owned by Citgo and the Venusualian government. They couldn't sell there gas here because of their President's big mouth, so they thought they could fool us by changing their name to Valero.

...Rich

FWIW, last year there were commercials on the radio for Red Apple and Kwick Fill gas (same company) touting that they used no middle eastern oil. At least around here they also tend to be the cheapest.

Latest posts