Chronicles of Narnia

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CS Lewis always said he didn't set out to write about Jesus in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. It started as just a dream of a fawn and a unbrella carring packages in a snowy wood. The Christian allegory developed from his faith as the story developed. He just wanted to write stories he felt he would have like if he was still a child. I am not against the Potter book, though I found them hard to get into. I am a big Wizard of Oz fan and have read all the Baum books. Loved Peter Pan also. I liked Oz and narnia because the heros were not witches or wizards but just plane children, but with just courage defeated the witch.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah--Wizard of Oz--that's another one that isn't allowed by many. There are 2 problems: One is that there are witches. The second, even more problematic issue, is that there are good witches.

Even Frosty the Snowman is out, because of the "magic" in the hat, provided by sources/demons unknown...

As I said before, I am a Christian. I have my opinions and beliefs as to what that means. What you have to keep in mind is that there are millions of people who consider themselves "Christian", but what they believe can be and often is radically different. I won't get into what my beliefs are, although I love to discuss them with anyone who is interested. However, please don't throw a blanket over all Christians because of the beliefs or actions of a relative few. As far as moderation, please remember that to many, their religious beliefs have to do with the saving or losing of their immortal soul, and their isn't anything more important than that to them (myself included). It is my opinion that if you take your religion lightly, your convictions are highly suspect to begin with. Choosing what God you worship or don't worship is not like choosing which color Trac you're gonna buy (or at least in my opinion shouldn't be. That should be the 2nd most important thing to you!) :p The other problem that pops up alot is when people talk about what the Bible says about a certain subject (not that anyone here has done this, mind you) when they haven't actually read the Bible. I was in a discussion with a Lady while getting my oil changed the other day, and she made the statement that she hadn't really read the Bible, but she knew what it said. Right. I can't imagine depending upon hearsay when it comes to my everlasting soul. Merry Christmas one and all. If you don't celebrate Christmas, then I hope that your days are merry and bright during the time that I am celebrating Christmas, and beyond.

Tom, I thought about it last night and realized that my parents (who have lived in SC for abour 10 years) have told me a number of stories similar to what you said about your neighbors. I myself have never personally spoken with anyone who was this way. Maybe I do need to get out more as Bill said :D

Has anyone noticed that when you see articles and reviews about CoN there are often statements about handling it with sensitivity and concerns about promoting Christianity (as referenced in TJR's first post) and Hollywood hoping that no one is offended by the Christian allegory?

Funny that the only warning involving Brokeback Mountain's potential to offend my sensibilities came from a gay male frend, not "Hollywood" and the movie critics. Hollywood can worry about a Christian allegory offending someone, but not rough homosexual intercourse between two cowboys. Ask yourself, which is more likely to offend? Hollywood warns me that CoN may offend me and then nominates Brokeback Moutain for multiple Golden Globes before it is even released nationally.

Yeah, Dale....Bareback, er, Brokeback Mountain will win several awards though for being so "risky". Actually I do want to see the movie because repressed homosexuality is an interesting topic, as is cowboys...just never considered them together before.

Dale,

Hollywood just must be following the teaching of Christ.

He said not to judge sinners (in this case Homosexuals). They are certainly not judging then, but instead they focus much attention on their lives and portray them in a positive light.

By treating Christians and Christian values in a negative light, they ensure the believers get their reward in Heaven (Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you" - Matthew 5:10-12)

TJR - Make no mistake, I will probably see the movie. It is probably well written and acted, plus I want to see what all the fuss ia about.

Nelson - Your right Hollywood is practically overflowing with devout Christians. :)

They hang out at the Viper Room with all the Conservative Republican actors and actresses celebrating everyones devoted and enduring marrriages. HAHAHAHA

Latest posts