Chk Eng Light & A/C Prob's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Duckworth

Reaction score
Hi all.

I currently have 2 problems.

1) When I get off work and crank up my 2001 ST, the A/C works fine. THEN......after riding for about 10 - 15 minutes....the cold goes away and its just blowing "vent" air. My freon is full, I have a gauge and chk'd it, also had a local garage chk it. The compressor and clutch continue to work even while it's not cooling.

2) I have a check engine light on. Code# P0117 - States, Engine Coolant Temp, Circuit Low Input.

The auto parts huy said it's a $16 dollar part. Where does it go?

Could these 2 prob's be related?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

Ron

Tuscaloosa, ALABAMA

Roll Tide ROLL!!

The ac could be over pressurized and is shutting down, BUT make sure the pressures are correct, IT is strange for it to be cold and then go warm...

Sounds like it is still low on freon to me...

The temp sender and sensor are 2 different parts, one is for the Gauge and one is for the computer...

IF the voltage is low, Remove the connector and clean the contacts and you can test the voltage to the sender first and re connect...

IF that doesn't work the sensor is located behind the thermostat under the throttle body..

Todd Z

On the A.C. If it continues to blow air then it is probably not freezing up.When it quits working take the pressures and tell us what they are. Also check the temperature of the lines.The small one going into the blower area should be warm and the one coming out of the tank should be cold or cool.If the compressor is still running and the lines are hot, then check your condensor coil for air blockage. I think the pressures should be running at 35 to 40 on the low side and 180 to 220 on the high side, depending on the temperature._Ron

Latest posts