Chips on edges of doors: what to do?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Sayre

Reaction score
I've got little chips on the outside edges of the doors, from hitting things when the door opens. Never had this problem with the Ranger, but these doors are both heavier and the spring is stronger than the ranger. What do people do to protect the door edges?

Thanks!

--Bob

There's a rubberized plastic that you can use for that...it comes in strips with the adhesive already on it, and you just slap it on (it has a channel in it to fit around the edge of the door). You can get black, chrome, or gold (if you are into the bling)...you can prolly find it at your local parts place (autozone, advance, pepboys, etc).

aha finally something i can help with! I was just at a nascar race in charlotte and the good folks of 3m were handing out packages of clear plastic that gets installed on the ends of your car doors!.It is called scotchgard door edge guard. It looks like a wonderfull produst and goes on clear just basically like tape.Now there is a website on it to get yours from for orders and it is www.3M.com/carcare. They had a car there that they had layed this stuff over the front end to protect the whole front end and you could not tell it was there till he pointed it out and he was beating on it to show how it protects the paint.

So my suggestion would be to fill the chips with touch up paint or however and then seal it with this product if you dont want that flashy bling bling door edge.

I used the universal door edge guards from the parts store...

Todd Z

Latest posts