Child car seat in ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work.. :grin:

what do you want to know? I've got 2 year old twins, so we did the rear facing seats until they were about 18 months and now they are in big forward facing seats..

the 05 uses the hooks behind the seat for better mounting..... I have put a car seat in my st easily when neded...

Todd

If you have a rear-facing car seat, never EVER use it in the front seat! Not even if the passenger side airbag can be deactivated.

check to see if the 05 have the "U" shaped brackets right at the seam between the back portion of the seat and the bottom seat cushion. If it does, then the newer newborn cars seats will attach to those "U" shaped brackets with the "T" strap w/hooks that are attached to the base of the car seat. Very easy to install and remove this way vs. using the adult seat belt. GL w/ the kid(s).:supercool:

I use the car seat for my Granddaughter in the back in the middle so she has a lot of metal between her and a car in the event of a side collision. I also use the hooking points located on the back of the cab behind the rear seat for a good mount like Todd said. It's a bit of a pain to get her in & out but if we're involved in a collision, I feel she's protected as best she can be in my ST. Precious cargo!!

'07 ST:driving:

Only issue is when they get to boosters, some tend to be just a smidge wider than the actual seat, so you will have to slide the seat towards the door when buckling, And if you get the leather package, make sure you either condition the leather under the seat often, or put a towel down to prevent damage to leather.

Otherwise, its a breaze both car seats and boosters!

LOL After reading the response from Diva'smomma about her grand daughter I was reminded of a short trip with my 2 year old grand son recently. We're driving along and all of a sudden the passenger side rear window goes down. I figure it's just a fluke, I hit the window switch with my elbow or what ever. I roll it back up. A couple of minutes later, down it goes again. I turn around and glance at the grand son and he has kicked his shoe off and is activating the window switch with his big toe. My son was in the passenger seat in front and both of us had a good laugh from this one. Never underestimate the ingenuity of a 2 year old!!!!:grin:

I have two seats in my ST, I've had no issues except with headrests, they interefere with a lot of the taller seats. I use the extra hook point behind the seats, I've read it's not necessary to do so, but I'm still doing it.

My cloth seats are shot, get yourself some nice seat covers, something with a little extra thickness in the bottom and water proof. My truck smells like milk, vomit, and stale cheerios.

i have two car seats in mine, one thats a base that has the removal cradle thing to carry the baby around in and the other a actual chair style seat.

for my 2yr old i use the mount in the back, slide the belt through, and use the hooks. better be safe than sorry.

for my one year old, his doesnt have the top hook thats behind the seat because of the style chair hes in. but i use the hooks from the base and a seatbelt run through it.

seat belt helps with less slidding around and such. but no issues so far. and congrats on the kid on the way.

If you have a rear-facing car seat, never EVER use it in the front seat! Not even if the passenger side airbag can be deactivated.

Not always possible. Before we bought the Trac we had a single cab 1999 GMC Sierra stepside. We had to put the car seat in the front between us because there wasn't anyplace else to put it! We did keep the passenger airbag off. And there just wasn't any way to put it in my wife's Celica! We bought a Ford Contour to replace the Celica, and then replaced the Contour with the Sport Trac. Much easier to put the car seat in! Never had any problems finding a way to attach a car seat in our Trac.

Thanks for the info everyone. :haveabeer:

My wife is concerned about the body roll causing the newborns head to flop around if the carseat is placed in the middle. Has anyone noticed anything like this? I have new shocks but have not replaced the sway bar yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts