Chicago Auto Show Thoughts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith McElroy

Reaction score
I managed to visit the Chicago Auto Show last Friday.

- The pictures of the "Super Chief" concept really fail to capture how ugly that thing is. It also doesn't portray how huge it is either.

- New ST doesn't wow me enough to trade in my current one. I would, however, like to test drive one with the V8.

- Ridgeline (went out of my way to see it) looks way too girly. Can't picture it offroad.

- Shelby GT500: very cool.

- My son won't stop talking about the Army's Stryker vehicle. He doesn't get it that I can't buy one.:lol:

- Wife narrowed her new car to either a $38K Volvo C70, or a $43K Jaguar. She also liked one of the Mercedes, but the people were rude, so she ruled it out.:blink: I was more struck by the Aqua business suit of the Volvo rep - my eyes still hurt from looking at it.

- Hummer H3...Why? Talk about buying a car for a name.

- Dodge Rampage. Wondered where Dodge would take the ST concept...wish they would have taken it somewhere else.:)

Overall, it was a pretty good show. We managed to get in and out before the major crowds. Most of the people there were standing in the hour plus line to drive the Jeep course. My kids did manage to get boxes of Ford car cookies - that was about the extent of freebies.

Mercedes great car until you take it in for service. Volvo and Jag...yikes, it will live at the dealership for repairs. If that is your price range look at BMW, Acura RL (incredible service after the sale) and or Lexus.

The wife like the "hard" convertible top of the Volvo C70, which I think is what swayed her towards it. She was originally looking for a BMW (which I was nudging her towards), but didn't like the "lesser" models.

IMO - If she is going to buy a car, she should buy a BMW, but she isn't shopping for dependability.:rolleyes:

Latest posts