Check out this imposter.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Suarez

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Adrenaline-Limited-Crew-Cab-Pickup-4-Door-4-0L-/251268408332?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a80c3a40c

The imposter is that they are calling it an Adrenalin model and clearly that is a normal ST Limited. Notice the wheels/tires (Adrenalin has P255/50R20 Pirelli tires and those wheels are not OEM), notice the step under the doors (Adrenalin model has a lower more integrated built in look), the interior does not match the 2008 Adrenalin special seats and dash color. It looks to me they purchased parts for the Adrenalin and replaced a standard limited with the parts. Home grown Adrenalin I guess! Not factory though.

This happens all the time with vehicles. Check out the 1st Gen ST's on eBay, there's one on there that says it has the FX4 package because it has a sticker on the bedside that says so. The ST's never had this package. There's plenty on there that say Adrenalin but clearly aren't. The seller just knows that it's the highest priced package for these trucks so if some dopey bastard falls for it and over pays the seller makes out.

I wouldn't call that a hitch even. That there is an embarrassment to have on the back of a vehicle other than a FWD Honda. I sent him a note letting him know that if he was sold the vehicle as an Adrenalin, he may want to contact someone to represent him and find out what can be done about the vehicle being misrepresented to him when he bought it. Also suggested he correct the listing as it isn't an Adrenalin for his protection. There have already been 16 bids on it..

-Wrong running boards: Adrenalin ones have molded ends on them aligning it with the body lines around the fender wells.

-Wheels: Those are not even the 20" wheels on it, nor are they Sport Trac. Looking at them I would say maybe off an Edge?

Edit: I don't even think that is an Adrenalin Color for 2008.. Looks to be a burgandy more then Red. (I think they came in Red/Black/White when they first came out...)

-Seats: Not Adrenalin seats.

-Tailgate Badge: The one on the left on Adrenalin should just say "Sport Trac" and in red under it, "Explorer" This one says Sport Trac, but then Explorer in black, and XLT on it as well.

The only parts that might be actual Adrenalin pcs are the Adrenalin badge, front fenders, front bumper and rear valance. Maybe the exhaust...

You can report it to eBay as being misrepresented if you wish. I say let it go. If those 16 bidders aren't bright enough to do research prior to thinking "OMFGITSANADRENALINGBIDBIDBID!" then let them enjoy their "Adrenalin" :boohoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... Why would anyone go to the expense to misrepresent this as an Adrenalin? For what its worth, I think this truck is actually nicer in a few ways then a stock STA. I like the seats and door inserts. The dvd system is a nice add on. Those are 20" tires and the rims arent bad at all. All in all its actuallly quite a nice looking truck, and since the Adrenalin package was simply cosmetic, whats the harm? ( And just to correct Tyler, the STA did indeed come with a tow package, although its a nice looking one than the one on that truck. )

Question for other '08 sport trac owners, Are your heat/AC controls the same as the ones on this truck? My 08 STA controls look different.

I zoomed up on the tires in the picture and can't see any sizing info on them. I'm not convinced they are 20" wheels. My '07 has the 18" wheels on it and they fill the wheel well a lot more than those do with the stock size tire (which should have the same outer diameter as the 20" with the low profile tires on it.)

You might have the electronic climate control like the one in my '07. Does it look like this one?

[Broken External Image]:

Adrenlin wheels arent' silvercoated, there polished. Im not sure if they came in metalic red either. He might have had access to alot of parts??? he doesnt show the top of the front seats. There would be adlenlin stitching. I notice the front fender vent is crooked.

Some needs to run the vin. If the have an account.

-Adrenalins only came in Colorado Red, not Redfire Metallic.

-The rims appear to be from a 2011-up Explorer (current generation)

-Note the absence of "nostrils" in the grill. It's one of those eBay inserts, not a real Adrenalin grill.

-On a genuine Adrenalin, the fender vents are painted body color with black grill inserts, not all black as on this imposter

-The imposter has the two-tone leather upholstery found on the Limited. Adrenalin leather upholstery was solid black, not two-tone.

-In 2008, heated seats weren't available with the Adrenalin package. It was something to do with the seats being different on the Adrenalins during MY 2008.

-This imposter has regular "Sport Trac"-embroidered berber floor mats. Adrenalins came with "Adrenalin"-embroidered floor mats.

-This imposter is 4WD. Adrenalins were either 2WD or AWD, not 4WD.

Someone sure went to a lot of time, trouble, & money to build this imposter. It's a nice looking truck, but the owner shouldn't be trying to pass it off and sell it as something that it's not.:banghead:

Actually, my 2005 came with 4WD. I think that depends on the year.

We were comparing the Gen2 Adrenalin. The Gen1 did have 4wd available and not AWD. Gen 2 are avail in 2wd or AWD, where non Adrenalin, if it had 4wd is automatic 4x4.

I like the two tone interior. Was hoping to find that in the STA but it wasn't gonna happen.

The little class II hitch is a joke. Must be off of an Escape!

I have a Class III/IV tow package on my '09 STA. They do exist.

On the Gen 2 ST's, the Class II hitch came with the V6, and the Class III hitch came with the V8.

The truck sold for $17,201. Even though it wasnt a true factory Adrenalin, I would say the buyer got a good price for a truck that appears to be in really good condition..

Yes. I saw that earlier. I had sent a note to the seller a few days ago informing him it was not an actual Adrenalin and listed the reasons why and linked information supporting it. Also suggested he contact whomever he bought it from as an Adrenalin to see about getting reimbursed for being charged for a higher trim level than it actually was.

I also flagged it as improper listing to eBay using the drop down listings, in which there was actually one for a misrepresented vehicle for wrong trim line.

Here is the NADA Guide listing for a 2008 Adrenalin with the options he listed and the mileage in the Zip code where the seller lives.

Price for trade in ranging from Rough Condition to Clean Retail goes from $18,375 to $24,425

If you run the same vehicle in the actual trim line it is (off the tailgate badge) the price ranges from $16,825 to $22,775.

While it is still a good deal for the buyer, this is the equivalent of you thinking you are going out to eat at Ruth's Chris steak house but the kitchen is attached to Golden Corral and the waiter is carrying your steaks from the buffet to you at your table in Ruth's...

I feel sorry for the buyer of this vehicle thinking they are getting an Adrenalin. Hopefully it isn't a gift for someones husband who always wanted an Adrenalin...

Hopefully the buyer did his due diligence prior to buying this imposter. It's not hard to find the original window sticker:

Latest posts