Check in

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals:
I thought I would check in and see what is going on. I have owned three (3) SportTracs in the past. 1 first generation Adrenalin edition and two 2nd generation V8s. After wearing the last one out, I bounced around with a variety of suvs and small trucks, but eventually ended up with a 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E.
I have not been impressed with the new Ranger.
Anyway, Happy New Year and keep on Trakin'!

Last edited:
Ford really screwed up by ending production of the Sport Trac. My 2008 Adrenalin blows away the Ranger and Maverick. No doubt in my mind. I wish they had brought it back instead of doing the Maverick. I would have bought a 3rd generation in a heart beat.

Ford really screwed up by ending production of the Sport Trac. My 2008 Adrenalin blows away the Ranger and Maverick. No doubt in my mind. I wish they had brought it back instead of doing the Maverick. I would have bought a 3rd generation in a heart beat.
"BeanCounters" in the CorporateBoardRoom have no real long term vision\patience;
if sales of a product line don't grow exponently within 3~4years, they'll kill it & move on to the next.

Ford had a tryed and true winners…with both the ranger and the sport Trac…decided to drop both trucks the same year 2011..with nothing in the lineup…nothing on the blueprint….were selling at lowest 35,000 rangers ..cheap built in twin cities all day… for us cheap minded poor folks who wanted a small truck..or young kids that needed a truck for work…didn’t cost arm and leg…or had a tryed and true 4 door sharp looking sport Trac for those that were older had more money…winners either way…ended both… thought in there wisdom that everybody would go to f150 Way. WRONG…to big to $$$….so where did they go Toyota Tacoma…..outselling all trucks 7 to 1. Chevy 3 to 1. Ford missed the boat. Sure it’s back
But at what cost
Toyota/Chevy owners ain’t coming back
So much for wisdom at top
Love to talk to the guys at top on this one
Bet he got a nice severance package

Latest posts