Check engine: P1401

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MY 2002 sport trac was idling very rough, lunging at stop lights. I replaced the fuel fliter, put a new EGR valve on and found a split pvc hose. After doing these things the truck is running much better. I cleared the check engine codes but after about 20-30 minutes of driving the check engine light is back on.

P1401 - DPF EGR Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected

I was just wandering if any of you have had this problem and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

I have best advise replace the DPF sensor its really easy DONT GET IT FROM AUTOZONE! You'll just have to replace it again in a yr or so like I did. Go to Ford or Napa. Its easy to replace its on the driver side right on top. It has two vacuum hoses going to it and one elc. plug in it takes 2 min to change.javascript:insertAtCursor(document.forms['MESSAGEFORM'].MESSAGE,':supercool:')

I have best advise replace the DPF sensor its really easy DONT GET IT FROM AUTOZONE! You'll just have to replace it again in a yr or so like I did. Go to Ford or Napa. Its easy to replace its on the driver side right on top. It has two vacuum hoses going to it and one elc. plug in it takes 2 min to change.javascript:insertAtCursor(document.forms['MESSAGEFORM'].MESSAGE,':supercool:')

Its black and about 2 inches long, mounts to the valve cover, has 2 hoses running straight down it. The hoses can be a pain to get off but after that its easy.

This is easier....

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts