Check engine light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAUL AGUILAR

Reaction score
Does anybody have a picture of the check engine light or of the gauge bulb test when you are starting the truck. my wife emailed me that a light came on while she was driving to work :angry:can't tell me whitch one it is. wanted to email her a pic so she can tell me witch one it is.

Thanks

on my '02. it's in the center area of the left side, and will say "check engine" and it just came on a couple days ago. took it to a friend who can check this and the code showed it was only an EGR valve problem. he cleared it, told me not to worry about it unless it came on again...it hasn't! he said sometimes a piece of carbon will build up in it and cause the light to come on.

dutch

Fuel cap ???

Todd Z

Did you find out what the issue was...

My "Check Engine" light came on on my way home this evening..

Pulled the code and fixed it. Just wondered how you did ?

It's located in the bottom left instrument panel, in the light panel just below the fuel gauge and your temp gauge.

code was P0125 insuficient coolant temp

came up twice, I was going to change my thermostat and it went away and didn't come back.

It started when I started to warm up my truck in the morning. Usually I just turned it on and took off. Lately i have been warming it up before i go. Maybe just idleing to warm up isn't enought to get the coolant temp to operating temp in the specified amount of time in the OBD.

when I get a chance I think I am still going to change my thermostat get it ready for next cold season:D.