Check engine light for running lean

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I'm throwing a check engine light, I forget the actual code, but Autozone pulled it for me and told me it was because it was running lean. I'm starting off with getting a new air filter, way too late, but I was wondering what else might cause it. Perhaps dirty MAF, or I need a new one, or a vacuum leak? If it's one of those, how do I go about figuring that out.

Probably the cracked pvc elbow.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1167893&REPLYCOUNT=3&sitename=mysporttrac

NEED the exact codes to help you....

Todd Z

what do you mean by "running lean?"

JB, The air/fuel ratio is off. Lean would mean the air ratio is higher than it should be.

Several varibles. Could be air being pulled in that is not being monitored,by the MAF. Or air is not monitored correctly. Or Starving for enough fuel for proper ratio. 12/1 to 14/1...

Could be a bad O2 sensor. There are some other varibles to cause it also. ECM may not be performing properly.

The dealer sold it to me for $30 since I told them it was $22 from Amazon and I could get it overnight for $11 more

Latest posts