Check Engine Light and Flashing Dash Lights Solved

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy Curry

Reaction score
My SportTrac and I have been together since September 2000 and have traveled 159,000 miles together. We still get about 20 mpg and other than an incident with the garage door attacking the corner of the bumper, my baby still looks pretty good. Every time I tell my husband about an odd noise or weird clunk he says "go look at your SportTrac website and see what they say" so I do and you guys always point us in the right direction.

This time the doors started locking for no reason and the dash lights started flashing oddly when I started the truck. Then the radio kept changing to show the station instead of the time and the Check Engine Light came on. That was enough for me to hop on the website and tell Hubby that the diagnosis was bad battery. Made sense to him since Baby is nine years old, so I got the "I will take care of it soon" response. One day this week it 'clicked' at me and that was the end of waiting. :rolleyes: We've been married a long time too. ;)

Today we went in and got a new battery and all is great again. Baby even starts quicker now! That was a symptom that seemed to sneak past me. I don't comment on here often, but I love to come back when you have helped me to share the details for someone else to use. I also enjoy saying thank you since you very likely saved me some money by having answers that work! Your knowledge is awesome! :banana:

Alway great to hear when someone gets help for thier problems. That's the great thing about this site. I'd be lost without some of the help that has been given to others on here.:D

May have been a shorted battery or a loose connection.....

an electrical issue the first thing is check the battery connections...

I just replaced mine and could not be happier !!!!

Todd Z

Latest posts