check engine code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony brizag

Reaction score
so my check engine light is on and its running kinda funny at idle. i got autozone to check the code and it was 1130 or 1131- i cant remember exactly. So i looked up 1130 and it said= OBD-II Code P1130 on a Ford 4.0 OHC is... Insuff. O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Fuel trim at limit.

So, what is goin on or what do i do??

P1130 Lack Of HO2S11 Switch - Adaptive Fuel At Limit

P1131 Lack Of HO2S11 Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean

Are you sure that is the code and not

P0130 Heated O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

P0131 Heated O2 Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

Todd Z

You're up to about $1,000 at the repair shop. I had an O2 sensor go out on my '02 ST which cascaded into tons of other problems. It idled really rough, didn't want to accelerate at all, and fuel comsumption was drastically different than normal, etc. The guy told me that once your O2 sensor goes out, the rest of your truck tries to compensate for it (i.e. system running lean).

$1000 to change an O2 sensor??? You got hosed in a HUGE way.

Sounds like the mechanic just went "changing parts" till he got it right....

Sucks, I would find another mechanic...

Todd Z

Yeah....I was going to do it myself, but I don't have time. I took it to the Ford dealership because of the Cruise Control recall, so I figured I would let them fix everything else while they had it.

I am with the others in that the "everything else" you mentioned did not need to be changed.

One of the items can easily affect another, thus an additional code. There is an order to which these need to be addressed, then rest the system and see what you have....

Latest posts