Changed the spark plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffksf B

Reaction score
Got the sparkplugs and wires changed out this weekend. I used Motorcraft SP-500 AGSF22FM plugs, gapped them to .54. I was surprised to find the 79,000 mile stock plugs were worn to .70 or more! They all came out relatively easy, ofcoarse the passenger side is always fun. Also installed NAPA lifetime warranty wires.

COOL... :cool:

They are not that hard once you think about it..

Todd Z

Speaking of access through the wheel wells....Is there suppose to be a flap that covers the engine compartment down there? We washed the truck last weekend and for the first time I noticed I could see the engine from inside the well. There looks like there are holes in the well to accept fasteners of some sort.

Not trying to hijack!

I guess you missed my comments on those NAPPA wires. I had 2 sets of those burn out in my van. I hate to say it, but they are real crap. Didn't get 20K out of either set. I went back to Motorcraft wires, the originals had 100k miles on them and probably were still good. Hope you have better luck. jmo

Mariola. Ford went to the half liners to cut costs. (They also claims it helps keep the engine cooler which is a crock). I believe you can buy the full liners from Ford if you want them.

Yes I went thru the wheel wells, the angles of the plugs still make it tricky but not to bad. I'm surprised to hear about that with NAPA wires, I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

My ST has the full rubber splash guards. My old Ranger did not and here is what I did. I stopped by a tire place (preferably one that handles truck tires) asked them if they had any old truck inner tubes, they gave me one for nothing. I then made a paper template and then cut it out of the rubber, bought some push pins from the auto parts store and wala had my own splash guard that cost me nearly nothing and made it so it covers as much as I wanted.

Latest posts