Changed battery, now radio doesn't work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Ford Mustang. It's been sitting in storage for approximately 8 months, but has been maintained, started, and tires rotated throughout it's storage time. Due to cold weather, my old battery died, so I replaced it (it was well passed it's time), but now my radio doesn't work. Lights, directionals, air, power windows, dashboard lights, all work, except the radio (which is the origianl cd player that came with the car). It doesn't turn on and even the clock display doesn't work. I'm thinking a fuse blew, but what else would you recommend looking into?

Also, I've had a re-ocurring problem with my brakes lights working, then not working for the past 5 years. The dealership wanted $1,100 to "fix" the issue, but could not tell me what exactly was wrong. What is recommended to try and permanently remedy this problem? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I think some radios have a PIN code that you have to enter to reset the radio after power has been removed. This is a theft deterrent feature.

You might need to look in all the paperwork for the radio or the car to see if there is a PIN code or how to reset the radio? However, I suspect you don't have the paper work now, or you probably would have solved your problem by now.

At lease find out if the radio requires a PIN code, and if so, your Ford dealer may know how to reset it...for a small fee?

....Rich