Change in rear springs ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew W

Reaction score
Checked with Ford about the rear springs ... different part #'s from the '01/02 model to the '03/04 model. The Roadmaster Active Suspension part # is the same for the '01-05 models. Was there an actual change in the springs, or did Ford just change the part # to keep everybody on their toes ??

The local Ford dealers said they didn't know if/what differences there would be (corporate/engineers would know :blink: ), and a local body shop said that they would have to look at the two parts/Tracs to see if there was a difference. Jesh ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, got a call from the Tech at Hellwig (good response time) ... he said that there was an actual change in the spring pack as well as in the chassis, and that the LP-15 for the 2001 does not fit on the '04 (they tested it). Also, that they only get about 2 calls a year for that spring application & that there were no plans to make a part for it ... guess it will be the RAS then.

Ford updated the springs due to noise and problems with the 01-02 springs...

Physically I cant see any difference, but there may be, and there may not be....

All depends how you want to try to make it fit or not...

I have found several things they say will not work on different years, Fits fine...

I have 2001 Calipers on my 2003.... Part numbers and boxes are different...

Parts are exactly the same..

Todd Z