CEL CODE A1406

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike ricketts

Reaction score
I am getting a CEL Code A1406 which is ERG valve by what Autozone tells me. But there is 3 things right there with the ERG valve that it could be? Any one else had this happen?

From the FAQ:

P1408 - EGR Flow Out of Self-Test Range (Non MIL) This test is performed during the KOER on demand self-test only. The EGR system is commanded ON at a fixed engine speed. The test fails and the DTC is output when the measured EGR flow falls above or below the required calibration . For vacuum activated systems, see Possible Causes for DTC P0401. For electric motor system, see Possible Causes DTC P0400. For Electric EGR, use the output state control function of the scan tool and monitor the MAP PID (MAP) and the EEGR PID (EGRMDSD) while commanding the EEGR on. If EGR is introduced into the engine at idle, the rpm will drop or stall out. For vacuum systems see Diagnostic Aids for P0401.

Mike,

Might I suggest you look at the TSB's for the Sport Trac. I am away from home, but I am sure that code was listed as a common problem and the is a direct fix that does not involve the EGR valve.

Tom

Latest posts