Ceiling fan

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C W

Reaction score
I apologize for the off topic subject, and also for not posting in ages.

I have a question and cannot find the answer as the folks at Home Depot were not entirely sure of themselves. I know that with the knowledge on this board, I can have an answer fairly quickly. I have a ceiling fan made by Hunter (Model 25286) that has a black wire, white wire and a Black/white striped wire. Obviously, I know what the black and the white wires are for, however I was expecting a green ground. Is the black/white striped the ground? This ceiling fan has no light fixture, so I don't need to worry about that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Oh, and so I'm not totally off topic, I just said to my wife the other day how much I love my ST (well, her's now). 98,000 miles since we took delivery in September 2000. No major problems, "knocking on wood".

The green is ground

The white is common

The Black is Fan feed

The black/w is the Light kit feed

IF you only have 1 switch Twist the blacks together...

IF you have a DIMMER switch the FAN wire must be on a seperate swich

Hope that helps

Todd Z

There is probably no green wire, but a green screw on the mounting plate. The plate is grounded and the fan is screwed to the plate during installation.

Yes, I am saying there is no green coming out from the fan assembly. The only ground is attached to the plate, which I assume means I am simply to ground the wire out of the ceiling to the plate.

Invest in the RF remote control for it. Best move I ever made for my fans.

I'm agreeing 100% with Dingo. Sounds like I'm lazy but hey...that is what remotes are for!!!