CD player still acting up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I was on my way home from work yesterday and my factory cd player started making the clicking noise again. It did it the whole way home which is about a 40min drive. It was saying cd error, I was thinking that the cd was stuck so I stuck a credit card in it and still could not get the cd out. When I got home, I turned my Sport Trac off and the cd popped out and it still continued to click for about a min. What could be the problem with this. It has been doing it for the past month.

Andrew

Mine will do that every once in awile. I notice you also live in SC. I think it has something to do with the heat. Mine will only do it on real hot days and if I just take the CD out and run the ac for a bit it works fine after that. Do you have the single disc player or the changer??

You can try turning on the AC or vents on the dash setting. This will cool the back of the radio..

It is amazing how much heat from the ducts is allowed to blow on the back of the radio...

Todd Z

Latest posts