Cash for Clunker

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy-The-Ute

Reaction score
Would you trade in your Sport Trac under the "Cash for Clunker" bill going thru congress. I would give you $4,500 for you to trade in your Sport Trac for another better vehicle that gets better gas milage. Me, never!!!!!:angry:

With this kind of bill going through congress, we are just one step away from the government telling us what kind of vehicle we are going to drive. I can see it in ten year or less, if you get caught driving a vehicle that is not allowed by the government.... you go to jail:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering, I've got a quote of $2,500 for my '01, I'd say NO; to this cash for clunker. When I heard that offer, I decided there's no way I'm getting rid of her. Gonna drive my ST, until she's ready to retire, and that's all I have to say about that.:wacko:

I strip away the old debris, that hides a shining car

A brilliant red barchetta, from a better, vanished time

I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar

Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime

Pretty soon, this song will be reality!:(

Well, If the stipulation is that you have to get a better mileage vehicle, then the 08 or 09 V8 STA gets better mileage than my 01 so....

Don't know where this is going but, I think this mostly applies to vehicles that are 20 to 30 years or older(pre-pollution controls). I've heard a huge uproar from the hot rodding groups that are afraid the government will literally take thier cars away. I heard about this over a year ago and I don't think this bill has progressed any further than a discussion phase and I don't realisticly see it happening. If it does, there sure is gonna be a lot of outlaws runnin around our country side!!

Latest posts