Carlos Santana wishes Obama would legalize pot

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is a roush, and with my new engine (next week done) will look upon a ZO 6 like i look at ricer cars that want a good run, No thx, not worth my gas money.:banana:

what is with the ricer comment ? :eek:

how about a nissan gt-r ;).

that would be a nice run. though the roush is nicer looking

gotta get this back on subject. pass me one :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
MJ over heavy long term use can cause pulmonary problems, but not lung cancer as legal cigs do

Wrong. Long-term exposure to any foreign particulate matter in the lungs can increase the chances of cancer.

Wrong, oatcell carcinoma of the lung has never been linked to MJ, is always tabbaco.

long term expossure to particulates other than asbestoes can cause pulmonary problems. not cancer.

can cause pulmonary Fibrosis, worse than lung cancer, dead man walking, than you drown to death.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it should be considered. When we had prohibition of alcohol, the gangsters came in and things got pretty ugly. The same is now true with drugs and it has been for a couple of decades. It seems that prohibition doesn't work, because organized crime moves in.

We have so many people getting killed over this and our problem is creating chaos in Mexico. The opium trade in Afghanistan is also a big problem. It has to be brought under control.

You don't see these problems in the Netherlands where it is legal. I think it may be worth a try to see what happens if we end the prohibition. I don't think it could get any worse than the situation is now.

Oh, I wouldn't be suprised if grass was made legal soon (Didn't one of our national elected officials state that it was just an economic problem?). Then the states could have State Stores to sell the stuff and taxes could be collected. They could release all the grass dealers in the prisons back onto the streets and since it would be legal and therefore less lucrative, what do you think these ex-cons would sell then??? Most likely something more lucrative.....and the problem takes a jump to the next level. Or maybe they'll just go get a minimum wage job & be happy!

'07 ST

Started smoking at 15. I'm 50 this year, and still smoke daily... I've been bartending since I was 20. I'd MUCH rather be in a room full of pot smokers than drinkers ANY DAY of the week!!!! I went through my 'drug phase' in my teens and twenties. You name it, I probably did it at least once. Never injected anything though, can't stand needles, although when I had knee surgery I had a machine that I could inject myself with Demoral. I went through over 10 years of cocaine use. Been clean from all of 'em since I was 30. Proper education instead of 'Just Say No' or any of the other 'scare' tactics is a lot more helpful. I didn't do heroin because the people that did it told me how terrible it was to be addicted to. Then to watch them shoot up and sit outside in the gutter, puking... Yeah, just what I wanted to do on a Saturday night... looks like fun!!! Legalize it, tax it, and spend the law enforcement money elsewhere.

And Carlos needs to stick to his music and stay outta politics.

NO to legalizing, YES to decriminalizing... There is a difference. Not just a free-for-all party, but taking the criminality out of personal use. Let the gov't instead of organized crime take the profit. If you wanna see how this works elsewhere, just take a trip to Amsterdam.....