carbon fiber vs black euro rear lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Draper

Reaction score
I need some help trying to decide which to buy, it is hard enough trying to picture either of these on the vehicle; when trying to compare pictures of the CF face up and the black face down. I am hoping that someone here has seen both and can help me decide. The carbon fiber

is only a few bucks more so I am guessing that they look better? Not interested in the chrome at all. Both of these are currently on Ebay through fenderworld. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm more partial to the Carbon Fiber ones. I also have a Silver ST and in my opinion, the CF would look better than the just plain black ones. They would be better "eye-catchers". Just my 2 cents.;)

p.s.- I also want to go with the blacked out headlights and sidemarkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ,

What color is your ST...

Then some one can post that color for you..

I have the black and like that look since nothing else on my ST is Cf...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Todd,

Your ST is really great looking. I do have pics of my ST in my folder, it is a very light gold.

Stonemiser,

I will probably get the blacked out headlights and sidemarkers as well, but at a later time.

Tony, "neither" ain't going to get it, it's too late, I already got the mod bug.:D

Thanks to you all for your help.

jj,

Nice looking st..

not to give you more options, But since you started off on a chrome scheme, Maybe go with the chrome ones???...

Just a thought...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the chrome looks good if you have clear corners only (which I do) I would also suggest chrome (even tho you said no) since you have chrome already on the outside. Why not chrome? Think it looks too "ricey"? ha if I had to pick i'd go with CF.

Todd,

That something to think about, but I did have other plans for chrome (see site below) and I don't want to overdo it. I was leaning towards CF, but after looking at your pic with the black ones, I'm beginning to re-think it.:wacko: Want it to match the cover and bumper.

mirrachrome paint?

or www.kustomrides.com under paints.

I have CF tails. They used to match the grey bumpers, but then I had them painted. I Think the CFs still look good with the rest of the setup, even though they don't match anything else on the truck. They go well with the color.

[Broken External Image]:

ouch, Almost 1 grand for just the paint, clear and hardener, That is a cool paint But i don't think that would look good at all on the cladding...

Paint the cladding black and go with the black lights... That mirro stuff will be a PITA to touch up, especially on the bumpers..

Todd Z

I would also consider the chrome taillights and some clear corners from Ebay (around $40). Since you have the chrome step bars already, they will match up nicely. If your set on CF or black though, I would lean to the black taillights, that's just my opinion though. I think it would look better on that color ST.

jj, welcome to the club. I couldn't decide either. I have black and CF tail lights. Right now I have the CF ones on which tend to match the grey cladding. The Blacks are more suttle and match the Black cover. Both look great on a RED Trac. You'll be happy with either one.

Todd, your right, unless I smooth out the cladding, it probably would not look good at all. Actually I was thinking more crazier and painting the 4 fender swells (and just the swells) and lower tailgate. Sure would be different, but I would probably wait til I get some scratches on the fenders. From what I read I don't think I need more than a quart as you are suppose to use it very sparingly (each 2 oz covers 1 sq ft), thats about $500for a quart. I know that is still expensive for paint. Probably start out small like the grill project maybe.

Larry, really nice ST, thanks for the pic it really helped me decide. It looks a bit gray and the CF pics I seen on the fenderworld site looked black. Also have to thank Todd for his pic as I can see that it is a true black and that is what I want.

STCTC, Thanks for your help, I think you are right and I will go with the black.

i meant stick with the stock tails or get a custom shop to fiberglass in you some LED tail lights or something cool. save ur money on the EURO tails and get something really cool.:cool:

jj, I have the TYC cf black tails with black headlights too. (see my library) Go with black if you want black accents or go with chrome look to match other accents you already have. Gary D.

Thanks to all for your help. Immediately after my last post I ordered the black Euro lights.

Q - That statement sounds an awful lot like something my Wife would say. :)

Tony - sounds good, but I liked what I saw in the lights that Todd has on his and I already ordered before I seen your post.

Tim - looks nice, but too late.

Latest posts