Car Alarm Recommendations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a car alarm? I am looking into getting one for my 07 ST when it gets here. I have been looking at cartoys and crutchfield and some other local places at alarms. I was wondering if there is a particular kind people like? Has anyone installed one themself? My electrical experience is only with car stereos-- so I don't know if I would attempt a car alarm....

Thanks,

Chris

Happy with my viper...

Todd Z

I agree with Nelson. Car alarms are totally useless thanks to all the cheap ones out there that go off when someone just walks by. Get a Lowjack.

I have Low Jack and alarm installed. My alarm system has never gone off accidently from noise or people walking by it. Lowjack only covers the car being stolen. Does nothing if the car is broken into and your custom audio system is ripped out. A lot of insurance companies are not covering mods or audio equipment if you don't tell them you have it and it gets added to your policy. They will only put the vehicle back to OEM Specs.

SeattleSportTrac. There are plenty of good alarms made and I'm sure yours is one of them. The problem is, for every good alarm system in a vehicle there are 30 bad ones. I'm betting about 500 alarms go off every second in this country. Because of this no one pays any attention to them anymore. It might help you at your own house but when was the last time you even bothered to look at a vehicle in a parking lot with it's alarm sounding? I know I don't.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to steal a Sport Trac with so many other popular and more expensive vehicles, but I digress....

Poorly installed and cheap alarms are everywhere. Alarms are mainly used as a deterrent and won't stop a pro if they want your car or electronics in it. It will deter a roaming amateur.

Reason I have a paging alarm on my bike is, I'm usually not more than 60 seconds away from it.

It would take a pro at least that long to defeat the ST PATS system (if it can even be done)

I appreciate the feedback- I am looking at ones with a pager-- so I would know when/if it were to go off-- and there are ones with broken glass monitors.....

Latest posts