can't decide-please help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave feola

Reaction score
sorry for being a pain, getting new shocks next week, can't decide between the monroe reflex or sensa trac ?, i have a jet ski, which i tow in the summer ,rarely go off road, i don't thnink my jeyt ski and trailer weigh more than 1200 or so tops , i'm thinking go woth the sensa tracs ?, please advise

When I put the Rancho RSXs on, it felt more truck like, but only for a couple of days, because the stock shocks are mushy. From all the posts on shocks, everyone seems to be happy with any of the replacements.

Gary D.

My 03 has the reflexes which are stiffer then the sensatracs in my 04.

Light towing is not a problem with the sensatracs...

IF you don't want to much of a "truck" feel get the sensatracs, Either one will be a HUGE improvement over stock..

Todd Z

Reflex's are the "next generation" Sensa Tracs.

Same general ride quality with a different method of achieving it.

I got Reflex's because I bought a set of progerssive 440's for my Harley and the ride was so much better than before. Progressive 440's use the same technology as the Reflex's.

The Sensa Tracs are a bit cheaper.

I have had the Sensatracs for 13,000 miles now and like them fine. I would never describe them as having a "car-like" ride, though, unless I were comparing them to Firebirds and other sports cars I have owned. The ST still feels like a truck to me, although the Sensatracs no doubt offer a softer ride than shocks designed for more towing and more off-roading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts