Can anyone name this part?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Cause I need another one.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I do not know the formal name, I would believe if you were to ask for a fender extension mounting bracket, it would tell them where to go look at least..

Sorry Jeff, I couldn't find anything in my Ford shop manual.

Me neither, which is what has me worried. When I go to my dealer with names and part numbers from the factory manual, it still takes them 20min to find the part...I can't imagine what will happen if I walk in there with a picture of what I need without a name or number, the guy might break down crying...

My dealership's service department usually prints out an illustrated diagram when I need a certain part#. It shows all the parts and part#s of a given section of the vehicle. This helps verify parts visually. Maybe your dealership can print out a similar diagram if you look up another part in the same general area of that bumper cover slot knob...yeah, that's what it is... a slot knob.

It's a tracking device that sends out a signal so your vehicle can be tracked. Big Brother is watching you..:lol::lol::lol:

...Rich

jeff, it's a retainer/spacer pin that supports and aligns your bumper ends to your front fenders.

It might also be a part that the parts department can't get unless the fender is ordered ..sounds silly I know but sometimes those little details aren't sold seperately.

Check with a local body shop as well. they just might have one. or can tell you what else you could use. ? bolt or washers or combo of both that might also work.

Front bumper body rivit , Bumper cover to fender......

Todd Z

I believe that is a bumper guide pin. It may be sold as part of the bumper cover only. I'll have to check when I get to work tomorrow....

Jeff - I actually found a replacement in all of places . . . .Lowes! They carry the plastic parts like this in the hardware department. I broke one when I did my body lift.

My local dearler was no help at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Todd says it is the bumper body rivet or pin. I just had my front cover off and that is what holds the cover on along with the bolt on the right.

The white pin slides out and it allows the umbrella part of the rivet to let go so you can pull it out.

Jeff call Eric at Wall's Lincoln Mercury (our site sponsor) and he can help you. If not I can call for you if you would like. I have to call him anyway to thank him for all the parts he sent me to do my rear drums and seals, they worked great.

Paul H

I also was looking for the part this pin goes into and if you look to the right it has the clip sticking down and there is a hole where a bolt goes into. My bolts both were rusted so bad they broke off. I had to remove that part and drill out the bolt. I then used a self tapping screw to put the pieces back together.

Let me know if you need me to find one at my local Lowes again.

Lol, Griff. If you look for another thread I started. I was investigating why my halo fogs didn't fit correctly, and it's a long story.

Latest posts