camper shell... and question for Todd

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eduardo 07v8XLT

Reaction score
i have some doubts about a buy a camper shell.

i saw a LEER and A.R.E camper

my doubts:

which is better LEER, A.R.E or another brand?

in your opinion who have the better price for a camper shell (product)?

some one have idea how much is the cost for a camper shell?

yesterday i send a email to A.R.E delear, but they dont answer at this moment.

i think Todd have one, question for him

Todd you have a "comunication" between rear seat and the camper shell?

regards

I don't know about the 07 to much. But I like the ARE, They are all expensive and since you own an 07, there are no used cheep ones out there....

You can get from the camper into the truck, but you have to open the rear window and then open the window on the cap...

The 01-05 caps are different from the 07....

Please don't put people or animals in the bed of the truck...

Todd Z

I bought a Ranch topper for my 2002, and absolutely love it. I had been looking for an ARE, but found the Ranch topper and liked it just as much.

Brett

I have a "Jason" brand topper (see pic in album) that has the sliding window in the front. All I have to do is lower the rear window and open the front window on the shell and you can gain access to the bed. When travelling, we put the cooler up there so you can reach trhough and get a drink or something.

My topper was about 800.00, much less than the ARE or Leer. It is shaped a little different than the other brands (rear does not slope as much as I would have liked but for the cost, it did not matter that much.

The sliding front window was about 50.00 extra.

of course, I do not know if they have a distributor near you or not, nor if they make on for the 07 either.

gp