Camber Kit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay White

Reaction score
What's the deal with the Camber Kit? Just went to get a price on an alignement on my 01 ST (both front tires are wearing on the inside; purchased the vehicle last week) and they said I had to have a camber kit installed because the factory didn't allow for any adjustments. This adds around a $125 to the alignment cost. Is this true? If so, can I buy a kit and install it myself then have the truck aligned? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jay

I just had a front alightment and didnt need the camber adjustment, the mechanic i talked too said that it is only a bolt for the kit, they have to remove a tab on the alignment arm, it actually rotates for the adjustment. I wouldnt think it shoudl cost that much. Check around at Auto-zone, and other stores to find out what they charge.

Duece

The kit is about 50 bucks, You can install, BUT for the extra $75 they are charging you it seems worth it to just let them do it...

Todd Z

Her is a sight for the kit.But I agree with Todd, Unless you want to spend a day doing it and you are mechanicly inclined,75 dollars isn't bad. Ron

Latest posts