Camber Kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Faullin

Reaction score
My 2001 is at 156K miles, and still going strong. I need some new tires, and was going to (finally!) put in a camber kit at the same time. My intention is to install the camber kit myself, and then get it aligned to save money.

Two Questions:

1) Are there any online instructions for installing the kit? I didn't see anything in the Projects. Any special tools required or just unbolt and replace?

2) What is the best source for the kit? I didn't find it at Explorer Express. I hate to just order it from a random website.

Thanks,

StanF

If you go to the dealer, they sell the washers to replace the pre notched ones. Pretty cheap too.

Tom

I called my dealer, and he wanted $16 per washer and $32 per bolt, so about $100 for the total kit. That seems high. I really don't like any of my local dealers. I prefer to use the sponsors, if possible. Thanks, Stan

What about Rock Auto?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1366680&parttype=13512&a=FRc1366680k504145

$24.79 + $5.15 shipping.

Seems very reasonable. Brand name Moog kit.

Stan- Camber/Alignment kits for our Gen 1 Trac's are available from most AP stores.

Found mine at CSK O'Reilly for about $25 when I did the Torsion Twist with Drop Keys.

Check the "Serious Explorations" forum for installation procedure. Good Luck.

P.S.- You beat me to it. Bought the same Moog kit with great results. Go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You only need the washers. 1 per side. Bolt is not needed since you already have the bolt.

Tom

got mine off ebay, installed it myself...

then took the ST to ford and had them adjust it all saved $50 by installing the kit

Just go to a part store and ask for a camber kit..I got mine from Napa 20 some $'s per siide..I don't know if I would do it yourself and then drive very far..Just in case your camber is way off it might pull pretty hard!!

Hey Caymen on the camber kit with just two washer, will that work on a 04 trac or will I still need to get the bolt + washer kit?

NM did some more looking in the fourms and found....

""The 04 does NOT need an alignment kit.... Remove the bolts as tom said, BUT remove and throw OUT the OEM washer.

The 04 and up Does not need need alignment kits.. It has been discussed here a lot of times..

Todd Z""

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts