CAI???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A true CAI gets the intake air from outside of the engine compartment. Cooler air is more dense. Small performance gain.

With the K&N intake or any other open air intake like volant, KKM, MAC, etc. the warm underhood air is what's being utilized by the engine.

With Zabteck's "CAI", you would need to cut into your fender and route your intake through there.

The cooler outside air (not warm air from under the hood) is received through the front passenger side fender, thus making it a "true cold air intake". I would like to get one....but I hate the blue!

Either way, as far as performance is concerned, upgrading to any aftermarket intake kit is way better than the stock set up.

Used the project section and got the open air from under the hood, noticable difference. Need the real deal CAI but I want it in yellow ToddZ!:rolleyes:

Mark,

You can pick up the yellow couplers on Ebay..... I will discount the intake kit for those that want other colors by my cost of the 4 couplers..

I do have the yellow breather bypass filter... :)

Todd Z

Latest posts