CAI for Explorer, will it fit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul McDevitt

Reaction score
There's a member selling a CAI for a Ford Explorer, and I'm looking for opinions/knowledge as to the possiblity of installing on my Trac. Here's the link to the info and a pic

Last edited by a moderator:
4 door intake will not work on the ST..... you may be able to modify but I would not chance wasting $100.00 bucks....

Todd Z

I have all the parts but the filter and fender grommit.... With the prices due to gas I am finding the cheapest places to get the stuff to keep my cost down...

IF i stayed with My original vendors, the intake would cost me more then what i sell it for..

Todd Z

I have one on mine just like the one pictured on S&S. Didn't pay $100 for it though, got it for $32 off EBay. Been on there and working fine for 5 years now. Just FYI.;)

Here's pics of mine:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

It's going to need new connetors soon. The yellow rubber one is starting to crack.:angry:

stonemiser will this work on a 03 trac? as todd z says it will not work on a four door intake im a little confused? todd can you help? as i would rather purchase from you being a site sponser i would even wait if you could tell me how long the wait would be?

Mine is an '03. Not taking business from Todd at all. Just stating that the said CAI will fit. If I had the money, I'd buy one of Todd's, but mine has been working fine for 5 years now and no need to get a new one.;)

looking for a cheap intake setup.

is this the same one you have Stonemiser?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-04-05-FORD-EXPLORER-V6-SHORT-RAM-AIR-INTAKE-FILTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5883ae3658QQitemZ380166354520QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

any modifications to make this fit my 04 ST?

the ST intakes are way overpriced i'm thinking

thanks

Latest posts