Built a Mancave for myself

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George,

Your poles look good. Only thing I might have done differently with the wrap is to paint them white to match the trim, but it's your house..... ;)

Good job.

What's a basement? I haven't seen one in 15 years and I forget. LOL

In Florida we call them pools. LOL

Great work on the man cave! I wish I could have one myself.

That is pretty nice. Why did you paint such dark colors with such a low ceiling? I LOVE the TV in the bathroom lol. That is a man cave if there ever was one! :D

Looks great!

Why did you paint such dark colors...?

Funny, I was thinking just the opposite--I was wondering why the colors didn't go darker, to give it more of a den/cabin feel. :)

Are the ceiling panels the removable type, allowing access above for storage or repairs?

Just curious--what are the items shown in this photo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Our area has nazi code inspectors who want to collect fees for every little thing, but they really don't inspect anything well- just collect the money.

Looks great, George. But where's the beer fridge? Should be one within easy reach of the couch so you don't have to get up for a fresh one!:lol:

The fridge is outside the room in the basement.... George did not want it in the room.. LOL

Todd Z

Bill, your link just redirects to the album. Which picture are you referring to. Yes the ceiling tiles are removable.

TrainTrac- There is a fully stocked fridge outside the door! +

I knew from the beginning I wanted browns and two tone. I'm really not a fan of very dark colors and these were in between. Ceiling is actually about 7 feet so does not feel cramped.

George

The horror, where's the table saw? The radial arm saw? The band saw? The router table? The work benches? The drill press? The compound miter saw? The joiner?

Oh wait, that's my basement.

Bill,

Those are the light switches. There are 4 that control different areas of the ceiling lights. These are electronic dimmable that fade the lights on and off. The holes you see are the LEDs to show the brightness. The bottom 2 are for switched outlets. One are for outlets in the ceiling and the other are outlets in the walls.

George

OK, now I see it. I guess I've never seen switches with that curve cut into the right side before, or the LEDs.

Until you clarified, I was having trouble picturing the right scale in my head, and was thinking the items in the picture were more in the 7 to 10 inches high range--perhaps IT electronics, or something with the entertainment system.

Thanks!

Latest posts