Broken Trac update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Reeves

Reaction score
Dealer says the issue on my '07 V8 Limited is related to the

6R60 transmission. They had already flashed with the latest

TSB, (07-13-08) in Jun '07. Now, the next step is to replace

the MECHATRONIC assembly and TRANSMISSION FILTER.

Suppose to get it done tomorrow. I now qualify under the Va lemon law....so it might be bye, bye ST! :angry:

P.S. When I took it in yesterday it barely would make 10 mph....

lucky only 2 miles to dealer!! Check engine and amber wrench were lit.....

RECAP......

"Went out this morn and my trac won't start. Starter motor won't engage.

Everything seems to be working....except: message center won't light up,

turn sig indicators don't work, theft LED doesn't blink.... the batt eye is green.

Checked fuses....Any ideas?"

Last edited by a moderator:
UMM?????

how does a bad tranny cause the starter to not work ????

Todd Z

I can only relate what the dealer told me......maybe it isn't what they think.

Easter egging maybe....I'll find out more tomorrow.....:(

I was close to sicking the lemon lawyers on them regarding my '07. Because my problem(s) were documented at 7K or 8K miles, I was going to have to incur a near $2K "usage" charge against me - whether I chose to take the cash settlement, or apply to a new vehicle.

Maybe it's different in VA (I'm in CA). Total BS. I chose to stick it out, and my problems were eventually worked out (though still waiting on 1 very minor non-related issue, being resolved tomorrow or Monday).

In case you go the lemon lawyer route, just an FYI on what may come up.

In whatever you choose -- best of luck . . .

I had the mechatronic replaced which fixes the clunk. I had that issue with the lights on and barely being able to drive. It turned out that the connector to the TCM kept filling with trans fluid and shorting out. They ended up replacing the sleeve that connects the TCM to the Trans harness. It is back to norm again. Needless to say i'm glad i'm only leasing my trac. I worry what will happen to it with no warranty.

Dave151....

I had the mechatronic replaced which fixes the clunk. I had that issue with the lights on and barely being able to drive. It turned out that the connector to the TCM kept filling with trans fluid and shorting out. They ended up replacing the sleeve that connects the TCM to the Trans harness. It is back to norm again. Needless to say i'm glad i'm only leasing my trac. I worry what will happen to it with no warranty.

Just now brought my Trac home.

Exactly what they did to mine.....seems much better.....time

will tell....think I'll keep her.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts