Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Joyce

Reaction score
Bought these tires about 20k ago...These have been nothing but a disaster. It sounds like I have 35" super swampers on my truck. They are not even over sized tires at all. It's so loud in the cab that all my passengers are like WTF is that noise. I've had an alignment, re balanced tires and nothing seems to work. I know others have had issues with these. I just noticed that they have a 50,000 mile warranty on the tire, Do you think I could bring the truck in for new tires? (Hogan Tire)

I would check 2 things...

Look at the inside and outside edges... if they are feathered, there is an alignment or shock issue...

ALSO check your front bearings.... it could be them...

I have the 275/70/16 Larger revo on my 04 and get Zero noise from them...

Todd Z

I just had my from bearing replaced and I just pit new shocks in 2 weeks ago... Hogan tire did my alignment not too long ago..hmm

Try rotating the tires Front to back....

There are not too many places that get the ST alignment right the first time...

Todd Z

I did that too todd..The kid at Hogan tire has and ST too...I tried recruiting him but not sure if he's on here. I'm gonna give them a call in a bit.

by Todd Z,

There are not too many places that get the ST alignment right the first time...

Todd Z

Then it would suffice to say that not too many places get any alignment right the first time because there is absolutely nothing special or even remotely tricky about aligning the ST nomatter what the year of it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got off the phone with hogan tire, they are going to test ride and see what they think..they said maybe prorate for diff tires

You mentioned you've had these tires for 20,000 miles. Replaced the shocks recently and did an alignment yet it still roars while driving...

Unfortunately it sounds like your tires have feathered on the edges... This is most likely due to the fact that your rode them for so long on the old shocks before replacing them. Did you replace the shocks because of the noise? If so that would indicate that the tires had already started to feather and the shock replacement came to late to resolve the problem.

I had this happen with my stock goodyears. Once feathered the noise doesn't go away even with shocks, alignment, etc... it simply sucks.

I own currently the Revos and they are a spectacular tire. Regretably it sounds like the tire wasn't at fault but the shocks... now that they have feather then noise will continue. it might subside after a some additional wear.

ALSO. with these tires make sure they are at MAX PSI. that will hinder further feathering and may aid in reducing the effect thus far. Email with Questions... I've been down this exact road and know the immense frustration your going thru.

L1,

Your adding words to the beginning or end of my sentance....

I was not slamming shops, but if it is a tricky alignment then places are not skilled enough to get it right..

The STEALERS, Dumb FORD dealers can NOT even get it right.....

If the ST is that special and tough to do, then places should simply turn the truck away and not touch it and know where to cut their losses....

NOW to slam shops:

Some repair shops ( not all) are CROOKS and will take any work, or sucker any one and once they mess it up, they back track and lie to you and blame FORD....

OHH it is within specs, it is good, TOE AND GO !!! Gota love it...

I don't know if in AZ alignment shops, tire shops and other repair places are on ever corner like here, but my statement is FOR HERE !! I don't live out of state...( but many members can not find a shop that did it right the first time)

So i guess I should have said:

Most shops HERE IN NY can not align the ST right the first time....

Hows that for you?

Todd Z

What is it about the ST that makes it difficult for alignment shops to get it right?

I went to a NAPA alignment shop. They talked me into a 4 wheel alignment and when they were finished they said it was straight as an arrow. When I got in the truck it pretty muchly drove exactly as it did before with a little less pulling to the left.

l1tech said:
Then it would suffice to say that not too many places get any alignment right the first time because there is absolutely nothing special or even remotely tricky about aligning the ST nomatter what the year of it is.

Yes, that would suffice to say if your assertion that there is nothing special or remotely tricky about correctly aligning the ST were true.

I suspect it isn't true, though.

Too many respected service techs at Ford dealers have lamented about their inability to align the ST so that it holds alignment well, without improper tire wear, for me to think that there isn't an engineering or otherwise a design defect in the ST.

Heck, the truck seems to come misaligned right out of the factory.

I've personally heard mention of after-market "camber kits" that are needed for the ST to be properly aligned. Don't know if it's true or not, but where there is smoke...and there most definately is smoke...

TJR

TJR,

Both my 03 and 04 track straight and true, no pulling, no tire wear....

NONE of them have camber kits or ANY kit of any kind installed...

It is all in the shops equipment and the knowledge of the person aligning it..

L1,

Kinda hit a nerve, thats all...

Todd Z

My REVOs have about 25K miles on them., the Trac has 34K. They are noisy now and sound a lot like larger more aggressive tires. Shocks are Rancho RS9000X . Tires have plenty of tread and has no feathering or scalloping. Just damn noisy tires. Originally they were fine.

Todd Z,9/4/2009 16:01 MT

It is all in the shops equipment and the knowledge of the person aligning it..

Todd Z

And that is exactly what it boils down to. I have aligned I don't know how many ST's and also Explorers, and just about every make and model of car out there and I can tell you that it really doesn't get more basic than the ST. In some instances a camber kit may be required to bring things back into spec because Ford didn't see a need to make the front end totally adjustable, it is by no means at all difficult and there are alot of other vehicles out on the road that require kits also. One of the best things that the owner of a new vehicle can do is have the alignment checked immediately upon purchasing it. My 08 STs' alignment was grossly out of spec and had I not checked and adjusted upon purchasing it the tires would have worn out in 10,000 miles instead of the 21,000 miles that I actually got out of them. (Forteras suck). Funny thing is it seems that it is the higher end cars that I see the alignment out straight from the factory than most. Just last week I had in 2 different E class Mercedes with less than 15,000 miles on them that had completely chewed the inside edges off of both the front tires, the toe was extremely out on both of them...go figure

My '07's alignment was out quite a bit too from the day I picked it up. Ford dealer aligned it and it has tracked straight, true, vibration-free for 18 months.

Maybe it was the factory's fault, or maybe the transport folks beat it out of alignment. Doesn't matter, because local Ford dealer did a great job the first time. My only complaint is warranty would not cover it and I had to pay. Even writing Ford Customer Relations didn't help. However, it was a different truck after getting it aligned.

aww now Todd, no wear on the back tires. I know you have smoked the backside at least once. I will agree with you on this. The local tire shop said ( I just throw the washers away on most of the Sport Tracs, when aligning)._Ron

I had a set of Revos on an F150 and my wife has them on her FX35 and both sets have performed really well. Have you always had alot of noise from this set of tires or has it grdually gone from quiet to over bearing. If they've always been loud then I think there is a problem witrh the tires and your supplier should help because both sets I've had were very quiet when new and gradually picked up noise the older they got but nothing excessive. I think any set of tires will pick up some road noise as they age.

hec you should hear me walk. :blink:

Latest posts