Brakes and Rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman Brumley

Reaction score
So, it's time for a front brake job on my Gen1 Job1 '01 ST.

Based on other posts here, I'm going with the Wagner ThermoQuiet pads, but I'm a little confused on the right rotor to buy.

Advance Auto lists two rotors, and the price difference is significant.

The first is: <a href="http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Brake-Rotor-Wagner_15800359-P_221_R%7CGRPDRUMAMS_900054184___#">This one lists "4WD" specifically</a>

The second is: <a href="http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Brake-Rotor-Only-Wagner_15800260-P_2352_R%7CGRPDRUMAMS_900063959___">This one says "rotor only", but doesn't call out "4WD"</a>

The 4WD version is double the price. Is there a difference in these rotors?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the fitment guide the Second link DOES NOT fit the sport trac...

So the first one is the rotor you want....

Todd Z

Thanks Todd. Interestingly, on the Advance website when browsing the second one displays "Yes, this part fits your 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac."

However, when I filter the search results to "front rotor" only, then I only see the second one in the search results.

Are there any opinions on the Wagner brake rotors? Do they warp easily? Are they a good OE replacement? For $180 for the pair, I'd like to know if I'm getting good stuff or not.

I LOVE Wagner brake products...... But honestly a cheaper rotor is not a bad thing...... i know a shop that LOVED the Bendix and Wagner stuff....... They Found the China rotors are just as good.....

I am gonna debate this myself soon..... I wanna replace my front rotors....

I know www.rockauto.com has good pricing and some stuff on closeout !!!

Todd Z

The best rotors short of Powerslots or other fancy stuff is the NAPA Ultra Premium. The only ones my wife couldn't kill in less than a year on her car.

rockauto.com has the Wagner 4WD rotor (#BD125721) for $48.79 each. That's a $42 savings per rotor! Their shipping is pricey, so let's call it a $30 savings per rotor. That's $60!!! Thanks, Todd! :haveabeer:

Thank to all who replied. Johnny, the garage claims they've had too many complaints about noise from the NAPA stuff, so I'm going with all Wagner. These rotors plus the Thermoquiet pads.

Bonus! There's a $15 rebate for the pads!!!:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wagner or raybestos rotors.

I have heard of some of advance auto's economy priced rotors, warping. Most parts stores have economy priced brake parts and the name brands that have been around. I will pay the extra $$. Some things I dont leave to chance.

Latest posts