Brake Pulsing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Woehrle

Reaction score
I've got an '01 with 130k on it. When I'm at a stop with the brakes applied, there is a pulsing/vibrating sound that I can hear (and feel through the brake pedal). The problem is intermittent. Also, I have had to add brake fluid three times in the last six months. Any ideas?

Fluid is low as the brakes are wearing. The pulsation is from the rotors being warped. If they are PLENTY thick, then turn them and replace the brakes. If not, then replace them and the brakes as well...

If you feel it in the pedal on an 01 it is the rear drums are out of round...

IF the steering wheel shakes it is the front rotors..

Todd Z

I had some exciting pulsing today in my '07. The tranny solenoid is bad, so the truck still thought it was in gear when I hit the brakes, and the TC turned on... EVERY TIME I HIT THE BRAKES 'TIL I RESTARTED!.

Something is wrong with the ABS system.

You are at a stop and you hear and feel pulsing? Nothing to do with a warped rotor or a drum out of round. The vehicle is at a stop.

Something is causing the ABS system to kick in.

Tom

You are 62 years late there Neal. I know yesterday was the anniversary of D-Day and all but we've even been to Berlin since Paris was freed :D

Latest posts