BOYS WE GOT PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Boian

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know its been a while since i have posted, But i am having problems with my door handle on the exterior side. I have to get in the rear drivers side door reach up and pull the door handle to get my drivers door open, Have you all expirenced this at all, Or does anyone know what to do. It is really starting to become a pain in my hind end

Brandon:angry:

Obviously if your child locks are not on, the clip or rod or handle broke inside the door...

You need to remove the panel and see what broke..

Todd Z

Yep, take the door panel off and check the connection of the rod to the handle. It probably broke the clip or maybe you got lucky and it just came unhooked. Worse case senerio, the part on the handle itself broke. Just the things to look for.;)

Brandon, give this link a look and see if the fix (that is highly detailed and photo'd) is applicable. It is a known issue with Explorer's... I have the same issue now and need to do the fix as well. I hope it helps.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165081&highlight=broken+door+handle

Latest posts