Boycott BP gas stations!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Boycott BP gas stations until they fix the leak? Stop buying their gas, dont go into their stores, it will motivate them to fix it or lose all their customers. Do you know how much money they make off us? LOTS! Force them to to something, we can do it.

Personally I think they're trying. Everything they do is having to be approved by our FKIA President who doesn't know any more about that than he does anything else!:banghead::banghead:

+ 1

gov't should get involved and fine the crap out of them :sad:

geez, is FEMA involved? new orleans ?? real sad

Last edited by a moderator:
If You guys have not experienced the reef system of the FL keys... Such as my favorite Looe key... You need to get down there ASAP before its destroyed forever. :sad:

*Remember Coral Reefs are EXTREMELY Sensitive to pollution. It not a matter of if but when the oil enters the "loop" current the reef system will be irrevocably damaged.

If you don't care about the environment than there's always the fact that the shrimpers and ouster men of the Gulf are ruined for at least the next 30 years. They may be able to get some money out of BP eventually but by the time it goes through the tort system 15 years from now most will be bankrupt and long long gone.

This whole thing is a big mess

-Don D.

Correct me if I am wrong but the U.S federal dept of minerals and mining are also the watchdogs overseeing the petro industry.

Turns out they are a bunch of crackheads that got paid off by BP to overlook some minor details.

Your currant federal system at work guys:)

yes, its a huge mess, if they were allowed to drill on land or a less risky area, we would not be in this situation, the real blame goes to the enviromental wackos. bp is doing everything in their power to stop this leak.

we need smarter legistlation.

it would be cheaper and safer to drill in anwar. boycotting bp is not the answer, voting Obama out of office is...

even Tipper Gore thinks her husband is a loon!

BP stations, for the most part, are independently owned and operated by individuals. In Georgia, for example, BP owns none of those stations. BP also supplies many other independent stations, so a boycott will only hurt the owner, not BP.

I WILL NOT BOYCOTT BP. THE LEAK IS TERRIBLE AND I HATE IT BUT I WILL NOT CRIPPLE A BUSINESS THAT DOES NOT IMPORT FOREIGN OIL AND THEREFORE IS NOT FUNDING THE PEOPLE THAT HATE US AND ARE TRYING TO KILL US. ALSO OBAMA AND THE FEDS HAVE HELD UP AND ARE HOLDING UP MEASURES TO HELP PROTECT OUR COASTS AND MARSH LANDS. yes I was shouting.

I suppose after you totally destroy the company financially, you will still expect them to stop the leak. If you bocotted me like that , I'd say F&** it and walk away and let you fix it. A mistake was made, a damn big one but we need their expertise to fix it. Obama and the government couldn't plug a hole in a childs swimming pool.

Sure boycott them, that way all the local people that work at the stations will get laid off and be looking for work in your city. As Les posted most BP stations are independently owned, so your just gonna be hurting the small business owner more in the long run.

BP will probably just walk away anyway, any fines will be contested in court for years, any criminal charges will be reduced to probation or a small fine. There will be finger pointing but all will be coated with teflon. It is shame the gulf coast is getting hammered again, and now hurricane season is here as well. I find it amusing that there has not been one bit of a "rise in gas prices" due to the oil spill, but just wait until a hurricane is in the gulf, gas will go up just as soon as a hurricane forms in the gulf.

gas will go up just as soon as a hurricane forms in the gulf.

So true. Gas prices can't go up until I get up out of Canada, as right now gas is already 90 (american) cents more per Gallon than it was in Maine. ~4 dollars a gallon vs 2.69 a gallon.

Refineries are like nuclear reactors--we need more of them, they can be built basically anywhere, but for asinine reasons we don't build any, and use their scarcity as an excuse to price gouge :(

(Also, I don't think boycotting BP will do anything productive either. Though I rarely go to BP as in my area they're way more expensive than other stations.)

BP only makes a tiny fraction of its money from filling stations. I dont go to BP anyway because they are British Patroleum.

The texas city bp refinery is 40 miles from me. Icant think of any of their stations around me...

Latest posts