Black Ford Ovals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garner Wolf

Reaction score
Am looking to replace stock Ford ovals, front and rear with black ones. on Gen 1 ST. There was an older project showing this, but the website indicated is no longer valid. I've done some searching but am not coming up with anything. Any help is appreciated.

Ford really cracked down on vendors that were selling unlicensed products containing their brand/logo. For this reason, many online retailers selling aftermarket Ford decals, emblems and the like have gone out of business.

TJR

This Guy is still around..... EXPENSIVE !!!!

http://planetauto.homestead.com/chromeemblems.html

In addition to being VERY expensive, Planetauto also does not make 9" emblems. I have been toying with the idea of a custom oval, but I'm not ready to pick a custom design.

But I too want black!

Droll,

Thats because the new emblem is PAINTED and raised, ITS not like the old style where it is a filled in material...

Todd Z

Our site sponsor will make you overlays.. Email them !!

Todd Z

Garnerwolf - I don't believe they will make "Ford". Lawyers are expensive.

Todd - Oh, so the process used to customize won't work. Makes sense. I remember seeing somewhere a DIY project where you buy a standard emblem, heat it with a hair dryer or heat gun, peel off the clear gel and paint the emblem the color you want. Then you need to re-apply a new gel overcoat. That seemed like a great project, but I don't really have that kind of time right now.

I dont have the link, but printed out the instructions on how to paint your own.

The thread from explorerforum said to heat the whole emblem up and gently take it off the truck. Then use a heat gun and blast the back so the painted blue part comes off the chrome lettering. Then just paint the blue to whatever color you want, use the heat gun to re-apply and let dry over night. Re-apply the whole thing the next morning

Latest posts