Bikers- Check in now!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob the most popular bike for the ironbutt run is the Goldwing in the touring class and the Yamaha FJR1300 in the sport touring category.

I'm glad you are happy with your HD, but it's not anything amazing. It brings in a price premium because of nostalgia and marketing.

But to keep it on topic here's my 2001 Suzuki SVs. Loaded up for my 1500 mile cali trip.

e8180206357b533ef14bf04fa616ef06.jpg

This is the same bike that my wife and I took our honeymoon on, VA to ME and back. I've done I don't even know how many trackdays, and then the CA coast turning inland to run through Yosemite and Sequoia before returning home.

It's a jack of all trades and a V-Twin so it might pull a little more respect form Bob :haveabeer:

I love my inline 4. Gutted, Chopped, and drilled exhaust. Individual air pod filters. Up'ed jetting. I too get a ton of guys stopping to talk about the motor. I love the fact that I can adjust my carbs with a dime as I ride if needed..

Nope... Not allowed to own one.......

The ONLY thing Rachel asked me to never do again after we lost several friends.....

So Mine got sold and I have not rode since 98...

Todd Z

Down south Houston way. In-line 4's are old news. They were a dime a dozen. Exception to some of the crotch rockets. Which a only a street version of a track hotrod. All you see around here now is, 90% V-twins. Be American or foriegn.

HD is my preference then yamaha or victory or Honda V-twin.

The problem with the cost of the HD. Is that doctors and lawyers, folks with the $$$, keep the prices high. Whole new HD culture out there now. Around here if you find a new or a good used HD. By the time you find a salesman. Some $$$ bags has already ploped down cash and rolling it out...LOL

Also despite the pricing. I hear so many folks using what HD, was during AMF ownership. To complain against qaulity. Not so anymore. There have been leaps and bounds of quality mechanical upgrades.

If HD needs a redisign as some say. Why are so many others copying the styling.??? If it works, just improove it...

"besides, how many non-American bikes have made the "IronButt" run?? Hmmmmmmm.......NONE!!. Bob"

Really, Bob? This info comes from the Iron Butt Rally website. Do they even let Harley's run the Iron Butt? You wouldn't know it by looking at the results:

Most miles ever ridden during the Iron Butt Rally:

Year Rider Home Motorcycle Mileage

2001 George Barnes Colorado 1995 BMW K1100LT 13,357

1999 George Barnes Colorado 1995 BMW K1100LT 13,346

1999 Shane Smith Mississippi 1998 Honda ST1100 12,780

1987 Barry Norman Ohio 1984 Yamaha Venture 12,773

1993 Steve Attwood England 1983 Moto GUZZI MKIII 12,458

1995 Gary Eagan Utah BMW K1100LT 12,277

2001 Bob Hall Ohio 2000 BMW R1100RT 12,247

2001 Shane Smith Mississippi 1998 Honda ST1100 12,219

1987 Fran Crane California BMW K100 12,166

My "Rice Glide". Put 68,000 on it in the last couple years.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hal,

My Pastor rides with Bikers for Christ, in the Houston area.

He has a HD and a Honda V cruiser.

Back during Easter. About 200 of them delivered baskets, to the kids at the Galveston Shriners burn center. The kids that were able, were allowed outside, when they pulled up. He said, nonthing can beat the smiles on the kids faces.

Most folks look at him and cant believe he is a Pastor..LOL

Hal,

I just visited your link in your profile.

If I ever get to tucson. I want to visit your church.:supercool:

I was a biker. Sold my HD shovelhead FXE 15years or more ago.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts