!!!BIG THANKS TO PAT FREEMAN!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tassillo

Reaction score
all i have to say is PAt Freeman saved me alot of time and headaches when it came to the addition of Steering Wheel audio controls. (earlier post) he was gracious enough to pull his trac apart and take some pics that helped my out a huge deal. if im not mistaken he is offering the information we gathered to the whole site. Ford had no idea what harness i needed even after i brougth the trac to them to look at it. MORONS. anyways my factory steeringwheel controls are now there they light up as the are supposed to through the factory and they now work my ALPINE IVA-D310 i even utilized the the Temp up and Temp down buttons which now do preset up and preset down via two Variable resistors. (i do not have dual climate zones) it was a complete success. parts cost me $33 for Motorcraft SWC controls (cost, retail is 65) and the PESWIAKJ (peripheral SWC adapter for ALPINE) was $28 (cost plus 10%, retail is $105.95) so for $61 i have SWC that work my aftermarket headunit. oh yeah i almost forgot it was 44 cents for 1/8" heat shrink.;) i didnt feel that this would make a good project as vehicle could be wired differiently and it would be rated at probably 8 - 10 wrenches. :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
You know how to make a grown man blush. :D

Seriously, I'm glad I could help! Linky below for the pics and pinout data. However, I encourage Tony to make a project out of this since his presentation and attention to detail is superb!!!

Latest posts