Big Thank You to Kevin Collins

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith S

Reaction score
Kevin Collins,

Thank you for the fantastic write up on the replacement of the 3rd Brake light. My OEM housing no longer seals, is cracked, and the brake light bulb socket is broken. I will be replacing it with a Dorman OE replacement fixture.

Thank you,

Keith S.

:supercool:

Lunch - if yours is just leaking and don't want to put out $60-$80 for a new fixture you can just put a bead of silicon around the old gasket and re-install.

I went the silicon route as well. Unfortunately it was too late too save the subwoofer for me, all the water shorted out and killed the sub. I was able to find a replacement on on Ebay for a decent enough price. Its been about 3 years since I siliconed it and , and I havent had any issues since.

Lunch,

I'll be doing my lights switch over to LED either tonight or this weekend, will post up how that goes if I remember to take pictures.

Lunch,

I'll be doing my lights switch over to LED either tonight or this weekend, will post up how that goes if I remember to take pictures.

Latest posts