best plastic to plastic glue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rutt

Reaction score
I broke my sons rearview mirror mount on his 2000 Focus this AM while cleaning his windshield. Since he is leaving this AM to go back to college I want to try a temporary fix till he can get a part.

I know I'm probably out of luck with the type of plastic the piece is but I was hoping someone might have used something that worked.

Thanks ,Mark

I have had the best results with "Quick Bonding" Two Part Epoxy, usually sold in a "twin syringe", almost anywhere. VERY important to mix well until it turns translucent, and let it set, preferably overnight. My past experience, when bonding smooth PLASTICS TOGETHER, have NOT been satisfactory using Super Glue or similar products. BTW, this is more of an FYI, for future use. The two part epoxy is awesome stuff, and works well, for "most" applications.

P.S.- I DON'T BELIEVE THE TWO PART EPOXY WILL HOLD. Too much weight and vibration on a very small surface area.

I tried the same "fix", and it DIDN'T work. Do it the right way and replace the OEM part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of glueing,I just bought a universal mirror at Advanced Auto for now.It vibrates a little while driving but will work untill I get to the salvage yard to pick an OEM mirror.

Thanks for your response,Mark

Latest posts