Best lift kit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Donaldson

Reaction score
Who makes the best suspension lift kit for the sport trac?

Through my research I have only realized two makes...

The 4 inch SuperLift

The 3 to 5 inch RCD (race car dynamics) lift kit

I have heard the RCD is better but it is discontinued so no warranty and parts will be scarce (I really like the coil over conversion of this kit)...

If you guys know of any better kits or better ways about getting a more trial ready ST let me know.

My end goal is sort of a Baja rally Sport trac (like f150 raptor). I have also considered the SAS (solid axle swap) but at the moment I am absolutely done with major modding and am ready for some "off the shelf" customization.

Thanks ,

Keep on Trac'n

-Don D.

I say for the money SAS is most likely the way to go. The Superlift and the RCD are really the only options out there for suspension lifts(as far as I know) and a member on here (Chad) has had both the superlift and the RCD but has moved on to the SAS. Next step would be fully custom pre-runner independent suspension.;)

The only thing about the SAS is I JUST got the Front axle for the 4x4 (from 4x2) swap working right... also I don't want the truck to drive like a tank. I like the Idea of driving 80 across a salt flat... that and drive line stuff scares me. :( I don't know if I have the equipment or capability to do a modification of that nature.

-Don D.

Well I'm sure chad would be willing to give you some tips. I have no experience with it. But I'd love to gain some. Most of my experience lies in Land Rovers, which can be lifted with bolt on parts fairly easily.

Big D,

He did the conversion and dropped a v8 in it with the AWD..

Check out his pics

Todd Z

The RCD is no longer made. The only options are Superlift and Dixon Brothers.

If you want a Baja rally style Raptor Sport Trac then Dixon Bros is the way to go but it does cost a lot of money. And I do mean A LOT of money. But then it is an actual Baja race suspension that replaces most of the stock suspension.

We can trade work, i will help with a SAS, and you help with a V8 swap:D

Actually when I went to Moab a couple months ago I was flying through the sand washes and it drives great.

Your best bet is the Superlift kit. But it depends on what you want to do.

Hey chad,

Definitely... and that goes for every one who wants to know... I am trying to create a "Guide" for people doing the V8 mod. I have not had much time as of late though but I do Intend to put it up soon.

Anyway just shoot me an e-mail and I would be happy to help you plan out what you need for the swap. Your 02 will be exactly the same as mine -the 04's and later when they got the digital odometer and updated gauges will be a little different wiring because of the newer G.E.M. and the way those trucks sent speed and tach info about the truck.

Keep on trac'n

-Don D.